I love skincare. I started taking care of my skin when I turned 20, but I became really serious once I turned 22. Each year I purchase a different product, but I never make reviews until now. I am excited to report on finishing the famous Nature Republic Aloe Vera Gel.
I purchased this gel back in January 2017. This is a soothing aloe vera gel made from a Korean skincare company called Nature Republic. The gel is $7.79 on Amazon with free shipping since it is an Amazon prime product; however, Nature Republic’s website has it for $6.60 not including shipping.
Ingredients: Aloe vera leaf extract (92%), ethanol, glyceryl polyacrylate, dipropylene glycol, butyleneglycol, glycerin, propylene glycol, 1,2-hexanediol, polyglutamic acid, betaine , Sodium hyaluronate, Karen dulcis extract, spearmint extract, lemon balm extract, carbomer, phage-60 hydrogenated castor oil, triethanolamine, phenoxyethanol, purified water, disodium DTA.
I finally finished the tub of gel which contains 300 ml or 10.56 fluid oz a few days ago. It lasted me for 8 months! It’s a lot of product for an inexpensive price and I like that there’s multiple uses for it: a sleeping mask, body moisturizer, soothes burns and shaving, hydrates nails, lips, and eyes. I mainly used it as a face moisturizer day and night. A lot of YouTuber’s raved about this product, and I caved. Below are my thoughts.
- Inexpensive and a long-lasting product
- Consistency is light, colored green but transparent, and sinks right into face
- Gentle enough to be used all of over the face and body
- Works extremely well for burnt skin (oven accident!)
- 92% aloe vera extract
- Nature Republic claims it is free of paraben, mineral oil and artificial colors
- Not moisturizing enough for dry skin
- May have to reapply multiple times throughout the day
- Has a slight refreshing fragrance that can irritate skin
- Unhygienic packaging – you have to dip your fingers into the tub
Overall thoughts: This a mediocre product. I should’ve paid attention that it’s just for soothing skin. It only worked well for my oily skin because it absorbs gel moisturizers really well vs thick creams. It did not break me out but lacks the antioxidants and anti-aging ingredients I am seeking for at this age. This isn’t a horrible product but I will not be purchasing it in the future.